Beautiful skin is also about good skin care habits practiced day in and day out. These choices can help delay the natural ageing process and prevent various skin problems. Take a look at these tips for getting that glowing, clear skin you’ve been dreaming about.
1. Cut down on sugar. Sugar is responsible of glycation a process that “burns” your collagen out.
2. Take a good omega 3 oil supplement, essential for strengthening and protecting the skin barrier and great for the brain too.
3. Exfoliate your skin regularly, i.e. once a week. Dead skin cells are like dead leaves interfering with your skin and making it look dull.
4. Compensate the drying effects of central heating by using a good facial oil at night
5. Cleanse your skin regularly to keep the skin in its optimal. We shed 3-4 grams of skin each day, plus all the dirt and grime of the atmosphere – the skin is a living organ, it needs to breathe!
6. Protect your skin from free radicals and oxidation. Oxidative stress damages both the skin’s epidermal and dermal cells and contributes to their degeneration, a major factor in skin ageing. Mother Nature provides thousands of different antioxidants in various amounts in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes. Antioxidants are crucial for your skin health.
7. Stay away from dermal fillers and “freezing” face procedures. You are better off with a Facial fitness regime – like Face Yoga – to tone your face muscles
8. Avoid skin products that use petrolatum and silicones, they create a film that suffocates your skin. Always read the ingredients list.
9. Boost your looks from the inside with a skin supplement. Why not try our help: revitalise my skin which contains CoEnzyme Q10 (CoQ10) – a proven anti-ageing agent & Aloe Vera to aid skin regeneration. Like other skin supplements you will need to take it for at least a month before you notice any change in your complexion. Have a look at our reviews page to see what others are saying.
10. Give up smoking and avoid smoky environments. The skin looks sallow as a result of poor circulation and the action of drawing on the cigarette causes lines to be etched around the mouth.
11. Walk whenever you can. This activity delivers oxygen to the complexion, gets blood flowing and makes worries of every kind (including wrinkles) feel less important.
12. Smile! It exercises more face muscles than frowning, and it stimulates endorphin productions – the feel good hormone!