Right now, you probably have some the gentlest yet most effective skin care ingredients sitting around your kitchen. But have you ever considered just putting the raw version on? Here are 10 foods that belong on your face.
- Green tea: Full of antioxidants and helpful for reducing redness, rinsing your face in cool green tea is a great way to gently soothe skin.
- Avocado: An excellent moisturiser, avocado is great as a face mask, mashed up in hair, or use just about anywhere you could use a little extra hydration.
- Cherries: Another antioxidant superstar, these guys are also great for evening out skin tone.
- Oatmeal: For a fast-acting soother, look no further than oatmeal, which has major anti-inflammatory properties. You can drop it in the bath, lather it on your face, or even use it as a gentle scrub.
- Papaya: Want to decongest your skin fast? The papain in this fruit makes one of the best enzyme masks around.
- Lemon: The acid in this fruit can whiten nails, give your hair natural-looking highlights, and help slough off dry, flaky skin.
- Egg white: Not just for omelets any more, egg white masks are a classic way to improve tone and texture.
- Olive oil: This kitchen staple is great for hydrating hair and smooth dry spots on skin.
- Sugar: There’s no sweeter natural exfoliant. Mix this with a little olive, almond, or apricot oil for a great lip and body scrub.
- Honey: This natural antimicrobial also soothes and draws moisture into skin. Use it in masks or as a spot treatment.
If you fancy finding out more about holistic beauty treatments and be in with a chance of winning a copy of The Holistic Beauty Book (we have 5 to give away!), then why not share your favourite beauty tip for gorgeous, blemish-free, youthful skin (apart from help: clear skin or help: revitalise your skin, of course!).
It could be a secret passed down from your Mum or Grandmother (My Great-Grandmother drank a cup of boiled water every morning… and she had an enviable peaches and cream complexion!) or a product, food or activity that many of us wouldn’t even think of including in our beauty regime. The contributors of the best 5 tips will each receive a copy of The Holistic Beauty Book by Star Khechara.
Closing date 30 September 2012, terms and conditions apply – click here to view