We know women are very aware of the benefits of looking after their skin, men however are not so conscientious, but a healthy skincare regimen is just as important for men as it is women. Let’s face it- many men prefer a fuss free approach to looking after their skin that is quick and easy to follow. So, to avoid dry, dull and brittle skin this simple five step program will help you reap the rewards of good skincare.
- Use a cleanser: Wash your face with a good cleanser. This is a no-brainer. But the reality is, either you guys are doing it all wrong or just not doing it at all. Men are often guilty of taking super hot showers and using harsh soaps or face scrubs making your skin dry and when your skin is dry you appear wrinkly and much older. It is important to have a gentle cleanser that will cleanse the skin from the dirt and oil that can accumulate.
- Take care shaving: To protect and lubricate your skin, apply cream, lotion or gel before shaving. Use a clean and sharp razor. If your skin is too itchy or dry, it can lead to cuts. Also, if you find your face itchy even after the shave, apply a moisturiser or lotion to soothe it.
- Moisturise: Find a moisturiser that suits your skin type and makes your skin feel soft. There are various brands available in the market these days. If your skin is too dry, opt for a heavier lotion which is more creamy in base. If your skin is more oily, choose an oil-free moisturiser to keep it hydrated. For normal skin, choose an everyday lotion which is not too heavy but adds a layer of protection on your skin.
- Sunscreen: Never leave home without applying sunscreen. If you can find a moisturizer that contains SPF of 30 or higher, then you’re way ahead. But it doesn’t hurt to keep a separate bottle of sunscreen handy. Men who don’t use sunscreen increase their risk of getting sun damage, which may result in redness, irritation, extra blood vessels and skin cancer. Stay forever young (or close to it) by applying sunscreen every single day.
- Fight acne naturally: Tackle your acne breakouts from the inside with help: clear skin. help: clear skin contains lactoferrin, which has been shown to reduce the development of the bacteria responsible for many skin impurities, helping to prevent the formation of blemishes due to its antimicrobial effects. We don’t discriminate here at Works With Water, our skin products are tailor-made for men and women. Take a look at our male help: clear skin case study participants to see the results of using help: clear skin over 6 weeks.