So your complexion has been fine for a while, and then one day, almost out of nowhere, your skin has started with breakouts and looks worn out and dull overnight. You’re cleansing and using a daily regimen, so what could be wrong? Well, if it’s not stress or hormones, it could very easily be one of several smaller, less obvious culprits.
- Washing too often — Over-washing dries your skin out, and then your sebaceous glands respond by overproducing, so you end up with skin that’s simultaneously dehydrated and superficially oiled up, leading to breakouts and poor texture.
- Choosing harsh “maximum strength” ingredients — Sometimes stronger isn’t better, and that’s especially true with skin care. Try using natural products which are a lot less likely to irritate skin and cause dryness than harsh chemical treatments. Don’t forget our help: clear skin blemish treatment contains 100% natural ingredients that have been proven to reduce the bacteria associated with acne vulgaris, it also contains high extract Aloe Vera to keep your skin looking and feeling great.
- Switching skin care frequently — Your epidermis is very delicate, and although trying the latest cream or serum might fulfil your desire for something new, it could also throw off your skin’s pH, moisture balance, and a host of other factors. So instead of switching over all at once, introduce new products gradually for the smoothest transition.
- Buying an allergenic shampoo or conditioner — If you’re having a bad breakout or sudden skin sensitivity and you’ve recently purchased some new hair care, those products could well be the culprit. Skin allergies to hair products can also show up on your back, chest, and anywhere else you’re exposed.
- Forgetting sunscreen — Sun damage is hard to cover up, and not protecting your skin causes a host of problems, not the least of which are acne, wrinkles and skin cancer.